Spring 2024 Print Version ~ The 1876 Centennial Quilt Project ~ Pre-Pay
Once in a lifetime a quilt like this comes along.
When a photo of this quilt was shared with my small quilting group here on Lopez Island the email chatter exploded! Everyone was stunned / amazed and in awe of the workmanship and crazy beauty of this quilt. I was asked to create a pattern and teach the making of it to a few friends. Thus The 1876 Centennial Quilt Project was born.
Step by step, block by block you will recreate The 1876 Centennial Quilt. You determine the colors and style of fabric - Reproduction to Modern - it's up to you.
Hone your piecing skills as you learn different techniques, tips, and tricks while working your way through 81 individual blocks and borders; some easy, most not.
The end result is well worth the effort. No matter your skill set at the beginning of this project, at the end you will be a more confident and skillful quilt maker - guaranteed!
If you are an intermediate to advanced quilt maker, or a dedicated beginner, who is looking for a truly special quilt project, this is for you. I will give you as much support as possible, with the goal that everyone who starts will finish. The 1876 Centennial Quilt Project is a comprehensive quilt-making course.
What’s included in The 1876 Centennial Quilt Project pattern?
- Over 450+ pages are mailed to your door during the course of the 15 month project.
- There are 74 blocks, three pieced borders, a center compass and three pieced sashings. The quilt is approximately 90" x 90".
- Each month, for 15 months, you will receive between 5 and 8 block patterns. Every pattern includes extensive cutting and sewing instructions, a full scale drawing of each block, foundation papers, freezer paper appliqué papers and freezer paper piecing templates when needed.
- Written tutorials introduce a variety of sewing and cutting techniques, building skills along the way.
- Video tutorials and live Zoom coaching calls.
- Supply list with fabric requirements
- Photographs of the original quilt, individual blocks and fabric swatch photos to help in fabric selection
- A special acrylic ruler
- Omnigrid tape sample
- Commemorative fabric label
- Postage (International Shipping: Additional shipping charges will apply for all International orders on a country by country basis. Contact Anne for specific information.)
- The instructions are written for machine piecing. (Additionally there is a small amount of hand appliqué.)
- Upon registration you will receive an invitation to join The Centennial Quilters private Facebook Group; a place to share your project, post photos, ask questions and receive encouragement from fellow ‘76ers.
I look forward to taking this amazing quilt making journey with you.
Please contact me, Anne Dawson with your questions.
If you haven't already done so please watch this short introductory video.
Skill level: Intermediate to advanced quilter
What to expect: Beginning Spring 2024, each month for 15 months, you will receive 5-8 patterns, templates and extensive instructions mailed to your door. Monthly video tutorial links will be emailed on the 20th of each month. Approximately two weeks later you will receive an invitation to a live video coaching call.
Month #1 begins with 62 pages of information. Subsequent months, 14 in all, begin arriving on the 20th of the following month.
Requirements: Patience, Practice, Persistence
A 15 month commitment is required.
Instructor: Anne Dawson
Ordering instructions: Click on the link to Join the Waitlist for Spring 2024